On-line/Off-line manufacturing quality control through non-destructive testing techniques
The expertise of Ceit in the development and calibration of customised non destructive testing systems based on electromagnetic techniques can be applied to in-process and production-related quality control of manufacturing metallic components:
Grinding burns and grinding process control.
Residual stresses (created during the manufacturing process or by cold-working processes such as shot peening).
Control of thermal treatments, hardness gradients.
Cracks and pores, surface defects through Cr-coating.
Microstructural characterization, retained austenite.
- Development and calibration of customized sensors and customized electronic
- Magnetic Barkhausen Noise measurements or BNA analysis
- Magnetic flux leakage measurements
- Eddy current measurements: HOCKING Vector 2d with various test probes and Impedance analyzers (FLUKE, HIOKI)
- Microstructural characterisation: Optical and electronic microscopy : FEG-SEM, EBSD, STEM, FIB
- Mechanical test at local scale
- Micro and nanohardness
- X-ray diffraction: Residual stresses