CEIT has an important experience in SW development for wireless communication networks. The following point describe the most important characteristics:
GSM / GSM-R / GPRS:
- Platform Hardware Design based on standards like GSM/GPRS o GSM-R (GSM for railways), to control or monitor equipments remotely.
- Design based on microprocessors like ARM9, ARM7 or low power consumption (MSP430, PIC’s, etc.)
- Hardware Sensor Interface Design.
- Software experience based on standards like OSI, UML, OO in different Embedded Operating Systems like CMX, ucLinux, Android, etc.
- Design of communications protocols based on energy-efficiency, security and robustness.
- Real time middleware design.
- Dynamic and Efficient Routing protocols: mesh networks.
- Methodologies and tools for analysis, design and testing Software: Programming OO, UML, SysML.
- Technologies: .NET, XML, Web, application servers, COM / DCOM, OPC, JMS, CORBA, TCP/IP Networks, SQL, etc.
- Wired protocols: CAN, Modbus, Profibus.
- Wireless Protocols: ZigBee, BlueTooth, other based on IEEE 802.15.4 standard.
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN’s):
- Nodes Design, using WirelessHart Technology, which is a robust wireless protocol for the full range of process measurement, control, and asset management applications (at 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4 compatible).
- Design and implementation of secure middleware, robust and energy efficient, as well small as large scale deployments.
- Also development of WSN’s, based on commercial Nodes, like TelosB, Mica-Z, etc.
- Software Design over standard Operating Systems, like TinyOS, Contiki, LiteOS.