The expertise of CEIT-IK4 in the development and calibration of customised non destructive testing systems based on electromagnetic techniques can be applied to in-process and production-related quality control of automotive metallic components:
- Grinding burns and grinding process control.
- Residual stresses (created during the manufacturing process or by cold-working processes such as shot peening).
- Control of thermal treatments, hardness gradients.
- Cracks and pores, surface defects through Cr-coating.
- Microstructural characterization, retained austenite.
Development and calibration of customized sensors and customized electronic
Magnetic Barkhausen Noise measurements or BNA analysis
Magnetic flux leakage measurements
Eddy current measurements: HOCKING Vector 2d with various test probes and Impedance analyzers (FLUKE, HIOKI)
Microstructural characterisation: Optical and electronic microscopy : FEG-SEM, EBSD, STEM, FIB
Mechanical test at local scale
Micro and nanohardness
X-ray diffraction: Residual stresses