CEIT-IK4 has a broad expertise in the development and calibration of customised non destructive testing systems based on electromagnetic techniques. Our large experience in aspects such as the nondestructive quality control of aeronautical metallic components can be applied to:
- Grinding burns and grinding process control.
- Residual stresses (created during the manufacturing process or by cold-working processes such as shot peening).
- Control of thermal treatments, hardness gradients.
- Cracks and pores, surface defects through Cr-coating.
- Microstructural characterization, retained austenite.
Development and calibration of customized sensors and customized electronic
Magnetic Barkhausen Noise measurements or BNA analysis
Magnetic flux leakage measurements
Eddy current measurements: HOCKING Vector 2d with various test probes and Impedance analyzers (FLUKE, HIOKI)
Microstructural characterisation: Optical and electronic microscopy : FEG-SEM, EBSD, STEM, FIB
Mechanical test at local scale
Micro and nanohardness
X-ray diffraction: Residual stresses