CEIT has a wide experience in the mechanical design, and in the analysis of noise and vibrations. The main characteristics are described below:
Experimental analysis of N&V
- Measurements in laboratory and in real applications.
- Force, acceleration, acoustic pressure, acoustic intensity, FRFs, transmissibility, etc.
- Modal analysis.
- Noise and vibration transmission path analysis
- Instrumentation of components, vehicles and structures
Monitoring of dynamic behaviour
- Monitoring and control, based on dynamic behaviour.
- Detection of malfunctions from the analysis of recorded acceleration and/or acoustic pressure signals.
Dynamic characterisation of individual components
- Such as: springs, hydraulic dampers, air springs, rubber and/or viscoelastic components.
- Determination of static and dynamic behaviour.
- Development of lumped models which represent observed characteristics.
- Availability of testing machines and test benches.
Finite Element Modelling
- Structural calculations of elements and systems: stress and strains, resonance frequencies, vibration modes, FRFs, stiffness of components, fluid-structure interaction, connections of subsystems, etc.
- Acoustic calculations.
Simulation of machines, vehicles and systems
- FEM, matlab, simulink, simpack.
- Integration of equations of motion.
- Analysis of influence of parameters in the dynamic behaviour.
Design of tailored test benches
- Analysis of complex systems.
Examples of projects
- Characterization of rubber/viscoelastic mounts and connections. Advanced rubbers: magneto-sensitive rubbers.
- Design of tuned vibration absorbers.
- Vibro-acoustic analysis of the nucleus of a transformer.
- Development of a lumped model for: air-spring, damper.
- Modal analysis of the S/S Rack structure of the ISS and validation of the analytical model developed by Sener.